𝙻𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚋𝚒𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

november 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚋𝚒𝚊"

 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

Having an optimistic mindset wasn't enough ― Violetta learned that after reading every single book about dark magic she could find, but for nothing. There was no mention of Horcruxes and Violetta should have known that. She had read these books before when she was trying to find out what a Horcrux was ― they weren't useful then and they aren't useful now either.

Violetta threw a book on the floor and groaned. She hated feeling useless, it was her least favourite feeling. Abraxas and Druella often made her feel that way ― although now it was just Abraxas since Druella's change of heart.

"Please don't break the flat," said Fleur and picked up the book from the wooden floor.

"This is useless! We are back in the beginning. We might now know that I am a bloody Horcrux but we don't know how to destroy one. Or how to destroy one without destroying me because I'm not interested in dying," Violetta complained.

"That's good because you are not. Who even said that every single Horcrux needs to be destroyed? You-know-who gets weaker with every Horcrux that is destroyed, right?" Fleur asked and sat next to Violetta.

Violetta nodded. "I think so."

"Then they have to destroy every Horcrux but you. Then he will be weak and no longer a threat," explained Fleur.

"Love the optimism but what about the deal I made with Harry? My family's freedom in exchange for a Horcrux," Violetta reminded Fleur of the deal she had made with Harry Potter.

"Then all we need to do is to find a Horcrux which isn't you," Fleur said matter of factly.

Violetta thought about it ― it was a good plan. Much better than the ones they had at the moment.

"Wow, and I thought I was sneaky in this relationship," said Violetta and smirked.

"You are contagious," grinned Fleur and leaned over to kiss Violetta.

To ease her mind, Violetta took a break from reading and soon found herself in bed. Fleur was laying next to her, steadily breathing. Violetta found calmness and warmth whenever she watched Fleur breath ― it reminded her that even now when things were mad and out of control, Fleur was there and she was going to be there. She wasn't going anywhere and neither was Violetta.

Violetta placed a kiss on Fleur's forehead before snuggling closer to her and closed her eyes, letting herself fall asleep as well.

It has been weeks since Violetta has had a good night's sleep. She would wake up in the middle of night, her forehead wet from sweat and heart beating faster than it should. She hasn't slept through a night since meeting her parents.