𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗

══════ • ❀ • ══════

july 1995

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗"

𝚒𝚍𝚢𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝; 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢

Few days in Manarola turned into ten days and while Violetta knew she ought to go back to Druella, she didn't. For the first time in her life, she wasn't worrying about things and although she was aware of the Dark Lord's return, she didn't yet know what it meant for her and her family. And since her parents seemed to be very stubborn and didn't care to explain to Violetta what was going to happen, the girl chose to keep living her life as she has.

Violetta watched the ocean ahead of her ― the small boat she and Fleur had rented ― floating peacefully above the surface. The act of renting a boat and using muggle money was new to Violetta and it felt dirty but she swallowed her pride and went ahead with it.

The sun was shining so brightly against Violetta's perfect porcelain skin and although the weather was rather hot, the ocean wind blew against her face, cooling her down.

Fleur watched Violetta whose eyes were closed as she felt the wind against her face and a genuine smile spread across the brunette girl's face. Fleur has been around many beautiful girls before, she was a part Veela after all but she's sure she has never met a beauty quite like Violetta's.

The blonde witch didn't notice how Violetta had already opened her eyes and was now frowning at her. "What are you staring at?" She chuckled.

Fleur shook her head with a smile. "Nothing, you're just beautiful. That's all."

Violetta grinned. "You don't look bad yourself," she said.

The day on a boat, eating strawberries and drinking champagne felt too good to be real and the realisation that she has to go back to Druella soon was like an unpleasant storm ahead of her. It didn't matter that there had been a moment of goodness between Violetta and her grandmother ― Violetta had made perfectly clear to herself that it wasn't going to erase years of mental abuse.

"Wait really?" Asked Fleur, astonished by the news Violetta had just delivered to her. "So you're the first female born into the line of Malfoys?"

"At least the first legitimate one," shrugged Violetta with a smirk. "Some say that it happened because of the Rosier genes. My grandmother was a Rosier before becoming a Black and she only had sisters and daughters."

"So Malfoys only has had sons before you?"

Violetta grinned. "Yeah, and I don't know if I would have ever happened if I wasn't Regulus' twin."