𝙻𝚇𝚅. 𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚎𝚝𝚑

══════ • ❀ • ══════

october 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚎𝚝𝚑" 

𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘, 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜

If Violetta was being honest, she never thought she was going to go home. At first she thought this because as a disowned family member it was nearly impossible for her to do so. Later on though, she started to feel like she didn't need to go back. She didn't even want to and although she missed her family like crazy, she's been truly happy for the first time now that she was free of her last name.

But that did not mean she didn't love her family. Nothing in the world was ever going to change that and now, staring at the big oak doors of her home, Violetta had no idea should she enter or just leave.

Fleur wasn't with her for obvious reasons and while Violetta wished the blonde was with her, she knew that whatever laid ahead her was better faced alone.

Fear covering her face, Violetta pushed the gigantic doors open and entered her home for the first time in nine months. When she left ― or was forced to leave ― the manor was not at its greatness but now it was even worse. Any glimpses of happiness or hope were now gone and though it was horrible to admit, it was partly their own fault. They had opened their doors to the horrors of Death Eaters and the Dark Lord although, technically, they never had a choice.

The manor was cold and darker than ever and it made Violetta's skin crawl. She felt almost sick― she wondered if this was because Voldemort had been there just hours ago.

Thanks to Vivian and Gabriel, Violetta knew it was safe to go to the manor that day. There was a schedule that repeated itself every single day and once the clock strikes eight in the evening, the manor was only occupied by the family living there.

Violetta crossed her arms over her chest to hug herself when she began to walk further and further into the manor. She didn't know where her family was but for some reason, she suspected her father to be in his study.

Her home felt like a haunted house.

Everything was cold and dark just like people would expect the house of Malfoys to be. Any signs of happiness and a life well lived were erased from the sight and now there was just darkness and pain. Violetta shivered at the coldness around her and found herself wondering has it always been this cold in the manor.