𝙻𝚇𝚇. 𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘

══════ • ❀ • ══════

february 1998

══════ • ❀ • ══════ 

══════ • ❀ • ══════ 

"𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘"

𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗; 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚌 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜

It was fair to say that Druella Black was many things but the word to describe her the best was complicated. The woman was the most complicated and complex woman Violetta has ever met in her entire life, and she has met many people.

Growing up, Violetta was afraid of her grandmother. The woman could be ruthless with her words. She used to insult Violetta for everything she did or did not do. Narcissa was always furious at her mother for this but she was too afraid to really do anything about it ― while Druella was horrible to Violetta, she was even worse to her own daughter.

Violetta never understood why because her mother did everything she was supposed to. She got married and married well ― although the Blacks did not like the Malfoys. She had babies, three and two of them were sons so she also gave heirs to the family. But still, Druella was rude to her daughter.

So knowing all this, Violetta thought she would never like her grandmother and for the first eighteen years of her life, that was the deal. Then Druella surprised Violetta by keeping her secret. It didn't mean Violetta forgave Druella but she had known understanding towards the woman ― maybe she wasn't all rotten to the core.

Cygnus and Druella's manor was cold and just like Violetta remember it to be. Everything was dark ― the place had no good memories. A house-elf had let Violetta in, a house-elf called Noomi. Violetta was quite sure Noomi's been working for Druella and Cygnus for decades now.

Fleur wasn't with Violetta ― it was a precaution.

Fidgeting around, Violetta took a look at a huge family portrait by the main staircase. She spotted Cygnus and Druella, and her mother was there as well with Bellatrix.

Andromeda wasn't there and it made Violetta wonder whether or not her family had made a new portrait without her. She knew it was very unlikely because her parents didn't disown her but then again, she couldn't be sure.

"When Noomi told me you were here, I thought the elf had gone mad," Druella's cold voice entered the room and so did the woman herself too.

Violetta took in a deep breath and turned around to face her grandmother.