𝙻𝙸𝚅. 𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

══════ • ❀ • ══════

march 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐" 

𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Time passed on faster than it ever has ― or that's at least how Violetta felt. Soon enough, snow which made the world look a little softer and little more pure than it really truly was, melted away into small puddles. The sun shone brighter than it has in months and the sky got clearer day by day. Maybe it was all just in Violetta's head, but she saw everything much brighter now. Like someone had taken off the filter of darkness from her eyes.

While she was still sad and missed her family, she had reminded herself not to wallow in self-pity. She had done it to herself ― she had done it for herself ― but now it was time to move on. Nothing in the world was going to change her faith as a disowned daughter of the Malfoys and she had begun to accept it.

She didn't want to admit it, but she hasn't felt this free in a very long time.

Vivian and Gabriel visited her nearly every day which made her feel more normal than she has felt in a very long time. It reminded her that while she might not carry her family's name on her back anymore ― she was still Violetta and Vivian and Gabriel were still her best friends.

Just like they have her entire life.

After Violetta had recovered from the initial shock of her disown ― she began to read Regulus Black's diary once again.

She read the diary from cover to cover every single day, trying to find some hidden meanings or more letters regarding what had happened to her but she found none. Unlike the times before ― she didn't grow impatient. She didn't know why but it made her feel a little stronger.

It also took her mind off of the fact that she was no longer a Malfoy.

It was stupid and probably suicidal of her to deny the Dark Lord's commands to meet him but Violetta didn't really give a damn at the moment. She was too occupied with Regulus' diary which had made her anger towards the Dark Lord rise like a hell fire.

Every single time she laid her eyes on the letter where Regulus wrote about the Dark Lord and Violetta herself, she saw red. The man she vowed her loyalty to had done something to her and while she knows that he was the Dark Lord ― her master of a sort ― she did expect respect to come from both parties.

This certainly was not the case with the Dark Lord. He had no respect for her or anyone else whatsoever and it brought up a new feeling within her.

A feeling she couldn't yet describe but whatever it was, it was not good.