𝚇𝙻. 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜

══════ • ❀ • ══════

march 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜"

𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛; 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝

The Manor was quiet for the first time in weeks.

Bellatrix and the Lestrange brothers were on a mission, and Lucius and Regulus were on one too. Violetta was left behind, by the request of Voldemort which disappointed the girl but not her parents. They were glad that Violetta wasn't asked to join her father and brother but there was also a small amount of worry that made them wonder why Violetta wasn't asked.

Narcissa was leaning against the doorway of Lucius' private library. She was watching Violetta who was laying on her stomach on the cold marble floor. She had her favourite book in front of her. Narcissa knew that Violetta didn't even have to read every word as she went through the pages ― she has read the book many times before.

"I could swear that book of yours is going to be completely worn out by next year," said Narcissa as she entered the library.

"It is my favourite," said Violetta, her eyes still scanning the words. "One day, I will know this book by heart and I won't even have to hold it to remember the words."

Narcissa smiled at Violetta's words and sat down on the floor next to her. "Are you too invested in your book or would you care to spend the day with your poor old mother?"

Violetta lifted her head up a little and tilted it so she could see her mother's face. "That's a tough one."

"Of course it is," said Narcissa while smoothing Violetta's hair.

"But I guess I can give up my book for the day," grinned Violetta and closed her book.

She moved to sit but noticed a photo album under the couch next to her. She frowned, reached for the album and pulled it out. It was dusty and old but it wasn't unfamiliar. Considering the time of the year and everything, Violetta knew what album it was and why it was there.

"Oh, I forgot that was there..." said Narcissa when she saw the album Violetta was holding. She took the album but didn't open it. "Let's forget about this thing, shall we?"

Violetta sighed but chose to drop the subject of the album and what the album contains.

"Now I was thinking that maybe you and I can have a little talk," said Narcissa and chuckled at Violetta's reaction in which the girl's eyes widened. "It's nothing serious. I was just wondering how are you? You've been so busy lately, you barely spend any time here anymore. You're always either attending meetings or missions, or you are with Vivi and Gabe."