𝙻𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

june 1998

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎" 

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔

It was fair to say that the month following the Battle of Hogwarts was a crazy one. The Malfoys were placed under house arrest until their trials apart from Violetta. She had been furious at Kingsley for placing her family under house arrest but he did assure her that it was just protocol he couldn't dismiss. What had made it even worse was that for some ridiculous reason, Violetta wasn't allowed to see her family until after their trials.

Violetta knew that her family was going to be fine and in the worst case, her family would pay fine and stay under house arrest for a little while ― the main thing was that they were not going to Azkaban.

The waiting chamber was drafty and small, and it made Violetta feel slightly claustrophobic. She was nervously pacing around the room while Fleur was sitting on a chair with her hands folded on her lap. She could sense how nervous Violetta was but also knew there was nothing she could say to make that feeling go away ― not when it came to Violetta's family.

Ever since the final battle, Violetta and Harry's been the talk of the wizarding world which meant that Violetta couldn't be there, in the courtroom, to see her family's trial. So she was waiting behind closed doors and the waiting made her anxious. She knew neither Harry nor Kingsley could back away from the deal Harry had made with Violetta but still, she was very nervous about the outcome of the trial.

Also, Violetta hasn't seen her family since she had woken up from her death like sleep. In mere minutes after she had opened her eyes, Aurors had come for her family and she didn't get a chance to explain everything to them.

"They will be fine, right?" Violetta asked and glanced at Fleur but kept pacing around. "Harry can't back away from the deal."

"Even if he could, he wouldn't. What you did was a great sacrifice," Fleur said as she tried to push the image of Violetta dying out of her mind.

Violetta shook her head. "It wasn't a sacrifice. Especially since I didn't die."

"Right," Fleur rolled her eyes. "You don't like the word sacrifice."