𝙻𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚗𝚎𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚗𝚎𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑e"

𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

It was surprising.

Violetta had always thought that she would never like her disowned aunt. Andromeda Tonks née Black was sort of a taboo, something and someone no one ever talked about unless absolutely necessary. Violetta must have been around nine years old when she first learned she has another aunt besides Bellatrix. Her mother had told her about Andromeda, warning her that the blood-traitor's daughter was going to be in Hogwarts with Violetta and Regulus.

That life, that fear of being even associated with blood-traitors, felt like a lifetime ago. It felt like a whole other life. Violetta wasn't exactly proud of herself ― or she was ― she wasn't sure because it was all so strange and new to her. But her goal was still the same; to save her family from perfect destruction.

Holidays without family was hard and what made it even harder was that for the first time in her life, Violetta wasn't going to spend her birthday with her family. With her brothers ― with her twin brother whom she has shared everything with.

With wide eyes, Violetta accepted the package Mrs Weasley was holding. Violetta couldn't come up with a reason, none whatsoever, why Mrs Weasley had a present for her. She has never interacted with the woman ― Violetta has only bullied her sons. But there Mrs Weasley was, with a soft smile across her lips and a present that made no sense.

Violetta was accustomed to fine things and when she opened the present, she was rather confused by the knitted sweater which had her initial embroidered in the middle.

"Thank you...?" Violetta said and frowned.

"Andromeda told me it's your birthday and I thought now that you are helping Harry, maybe I should give you something. It's a bit silly really but everyone should have at least something for their birthday," said Mrs Weasley.

Violetta smiled nervously.

"I understand it isn't something you are used to getting but I thought you would like something warm," Mrs Weasley explained and glanced at her husband who still looked uncertain of Violetta Malfoy/Black.

"It's very thoughtful of you, thank you," said Violetta. "I am afraid I didn't get anything for you though."

Mrs Weasley waved her hand as to dismiss the matter. "It's your birthday. Besides you are helping Harry, that is more than enough."