𝙸𝚅. 𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎"

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Violetta sighed when she arrived at the comfort of her home. The drawing room was empty, which was quite unordinary. Normally the family spent most of their time there but then again, Violetta was normally there at home ― not missing somewhere in the middle of a riot. The manor was surprisingly quiet or maybe it was just because Violetta had witnessed the terrors and screams earlier. She walked further into the house, her father right behind her. She heard him clearing his throat which made Violetta sigh and turn around.

"I am sorry daddy," Violetta apologized yet again. "I didn't mean to wander so far and get lost," she continued, her big brown eyes filled with remorse.

She honestly didn't mean to worry her parents, she just simply wanted to go for a walk. How was she supposed to know that a riot was to take place?

Lucius sighed and placed his hand on Violetta's shoulder. "I know Lettie," he said with a small smile. "But I think it's your mother who you need to convince," he reminded the girl and the relief in her eyes disappeared.

Violetta groaned, tilting her head back while Lucius gave her a sympathetic smile before walking to the main corridor. Everyone in the family hated to worry Narcissa, there was no amount of regret and remorse when it came to her. The woman lived for her family.

"Cissa!" He called Narcissa, and it didn't take more than five seconds for the woman to run from her room, the stairs down and to her husband and daughter.

The normally so graceful and poised Narcissa Malfoy was a walking mess. Her previously perfectly done hair was now open and tangled. Her face was free from any makeup, she had clearly cried it all off by the look of her red and puffy eyes. She had a handkerchief tightly in her hands and she sniffed by the sight of her only daughter.

The second she had realized that Violetta was out there somewhere, she was rather mad at the girl but then the riot happened and all that anger left her shaking and scared body. She had insisted that she would stay behind to search for Violetta but Lucius and their sons didn't feel comfortable leaving the woman in the middle of the riot.

"I'm sorry mama," Violetta said right away before her mother even had a chance to say anything. She took a few steps closer to her mother. "I'm all right, nothing happened. I only got lost, there isn't even a scratch. I promise," she assured.