𝚇𝙸𝙸. 𝚗𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜

══════ • ❀ • ══════

december 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚗𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜"

𝚠𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍, 𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚜 & 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚕

Violetta placed her letter which she had just received from her parents inside her drawer and left the dormitory. Her mother eagerly told her about the party planning she had done and her father was being very mysterious about her birthday present. But knowing Lucius Malfoy, it was going to be something very expensive and grand.

The First Task was two weeks ago and luckily, people had stopped talking about it. Violetta didn't need to hear another word of the Great Potter and how he managed to get through the dragon, instead of getting roasted like a marshmallow. Violetta supported Cedric, he was a Hogwarts stunted after all and if you looked past the fact that he was a Hufflepuff, he was actually quite okay. She has spoken to him a few times and there was really nothing wrong with him.

"I can't believe that we have to attend the Yule Ball," Gabriel complained as he flipped to the next page of his Potions book.

Aah, the Yule Ball. That one thing that made the insufferable girls of Hogwarts even worse. Giggling around, glancing at boys and pointing at them, dreaming about their dates. Surely they found the whole thought of a ball interesting; most of the girls in Hogwarts have never been in one. But Violetta was not happy. She liked balls as much as the next person but the Yule Ball was set on 25th of December, her and Regulus' birthday is on 26th, making their birthday ball happen on 27th.

And that is too many celebrations for a lifetime.

"So who are you going with?" Gabriel asked while he kept reading.

"Declan," Vivian groaned and earned a look from Gabriel. "It's not like I want to but he is a good candidate."

Violetta snickered quietly and tried to focus on her studies but couldn't. She closed her book and leaned backwards on her chair. "And what about you, my dear Gabe?"

Gabriel rolled his eyes before turning to Violetta. "If I go with someone really appropriate, my father will turn my date into my wife in no time. I have no desire to marry anyone from here, all gits. Well, except the two of you," he explained and got up from his seat. He kneeled in front of Violetta and took her hand.

"So, Violetta Narcissa Malfoy, will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

Vivian laughed hysterically at the scene. It was as clear as a day that Violetta was going with Gabriel. Gabriel's father didn't dare to try and marry his son to Violetta, and Lucius Malfoy wouldn't allow it.