𝙻𝚇𝙸𝙸. 𝚣𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚣𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢" 

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠; 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚢

A memory of all three of her children running around the gardens of the manor entered Narcissa's mind when she was having tea with Evangeline Montague. The two women have known each other since childhood ― they were roommates back in Hogwarts, with Mej Gold who also happened to be Vivian's mother.

While Evangeline was visiting her friend just to see her and keep her company, she was there also to tell that she had seen Violetta some months ago. Evangeline had hoped to tell about her little rendezvous with Violetta when it happened but it has been rather hard.

Evangeline has had her hands full with her eldest son's latest rebelliousness and she really needed to think what exactly she ought to tell Narcissa. Out of respect, Evangeline chose to leave the part of meeting Fleur Delacour out ― from what she understood, Narcissa didn't know who the woman Violetta is in love is.

"Narcissa?" Evangeline asked when she set her tea cup on the table. "Was I in the wrong to tell you?"

Narcissa stayed quiet.

All she could see and hear was little Regulus, Violetta and Draco running around with their clothes all muddy and dirty. Children's laughter and giggles ― Violetta's adorable little snort which she used to as a child before Druella told her to stop.

Narcissa felt someone's hand on her shoulder and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Narcissa said, her focus still not the brightest.

Evangeline sighed with a small smile. "Is it alright that I saw Violetta? I didn't mean to but she was there with Gabriel."

"Don't worry, it's all right. I am actually glad to know that an adult has seen her," Narcissa said quietly. "All I know are the things Vivian reported to me but those reports died shortly after a month. I know it isn't Vivian's fault of course."

"I could ask Gabriel to..." Evangeline started but stopped once Narcissa shook her head.

"I don't wish to bring your son into this, nor Mej's daughter. It is my family who has made this mess," Narcissa stated and poured herself another cup of tea.