𝙻𝚇𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚌

══════ • ❀ • ══════

august 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚌"

 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐; 𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

Seeing her brothers was something Violetta really needed and she appreciated the lengths Fleur had gone to make it happen. It reminded Violetta that even as a disowned Malfoy ― she still was one, a Malfoy. Even if she went by Violetta Black now. She was still Malfoy by blood and that blood can never be taken away from her. Not unless one plans to drain all blood out of her.

After hearing what her brothers' lives had become ― Violetta couldn't help but feel guilty. While she was no longer "part" of the family by Abraxas' hand, she was free and more safe than anyone else. Her safety was insured by the Dark Lord who could never truly hurt Violetta unless he wanted to get hurt himself too.

On one level it was comforting to know that she was safe from the Dark Lord and his followers but that meant she was a walking and living target of the others. In the light of this knowledge, Violetta had decided to do something about it.

While she loathed muggles ― although she was trying to do better for Fleur's sake ― she loathed a world where her family was dead even more. From what she could gather when speaking with her brothers, their family was constantly in harm's way and the Dark Lord wasn't afraid to hurt them.

"I think I have to talk with Potter," said Violetta on a September morning when eating her breakfast.

Fleur frowned from behind her tea cup. "And why is that?"

The whole subject of Violetta being a Horcrux and a target was a sensitive one to Fleur who didn't wish to believe that in order to save everyone, Violetta must die.

"Kreacher said that he and his little posse are on a hunt after Horcruxes so I figured that as being one, I should have a talk with Potter," Violetta explained casually.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Fleur said and set her tea cup down.

Violetta sighed. "I am not offering myself on a silver platter. Trust me, I enjoy life. I just think maybe I should form an alliance with Potter so he won't figure out that I am one of the Horcruxes."

"Why would he suspect me to be one if I pretend that I am on his side. While he destroys Horcruxes, I can find out how to unmake myself as one and in the process, the Dark Lord might actually end up dead."