𝙻𝚅𝙸𝙸.𝚓𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗

══════ • ❀ • ══════

may 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚓𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗"

 𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕

Over the next weeks, Violetta and Fleur read every single book about dark magic but Horcruxes were not mentioned in any. When Violetta had returned back to Fleur's apartment after her little visit at 12 Grimmauld Place, she told the blonde girl everything. Violetta told Fleur how Potter and his posse had been staying at her ancestral home for a long time. She also told her about Regulus' note.

Fleur had no idea what a Horcrux was but it didn't sound good.

One night, Violetta was cuddled next to Fleur, her head slightly on the blonde's shoulder. Their breathing was even and it brought so much comfort to the both of them. Violetta felt like she could breathe for the first time in a long time ― if not even forever. Her forearm still burned every time there was a call but she ignored the pain and stood her ground and did not go to any meetings.

She didn't even know if she was welcomed to them anymore but she didn't care. If it was up to her, she would spend the rest of her life laying next to Fleur and listening to their simultaneous breathing.

Violetta opened her eyes and brought her hand against her eyes and rubbed them a few times before she managed to adjust to the world around her. She turned her head a little to see if Fleur was awake but she wasn't.

Fleur's lips were slightly parted and even when she was sleeping, she was holding a little smile that made Violetta go weak in her knees. It was funny how after coming out to her family, Violetta was more accepting about her feelings towards Fleur.

She wasn't afraid anymore.

She wasn't afraid of the Dark Lord or her aunt, she wasn't afraid that her parents would stop loving her because she has Fleur.

Violetta let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes again, Fleur's beautiful features being the last thing she saw before falling asleep.

Nightmares weren't something Violetta often experienced. She has always been a happy and loved girl who slept her nights calmly but lately, nightmares have found their way to her. It happened long before she was disowned, around the time she received her mark. She had told Gabriel and Vivian about them but no one else ― she didn't want to make a fuss.

Her nightmares often contained scenes of violence and torture. Being tortured in her nightmares didn't bother her that much but when it was someone from her family laying on the floor and screaming their lungs out ― Violetta would wake up, gasping for air.