𝚇𝙸. 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚢

══════ • ❀ • ══════

november 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚢"

𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝

The dawn of the First Task had finally arrived but unlike everyone else, Violetta couldn't care less. When she first heard about the Triwizard Tournament from her father, she was excited but now that the whole thing was about Potter, she lost her interest. She did her best to ignore Potter and his little group of Gryffindors which was the complete opposite of what her little brother did.

Besides the Tournament, everything was normal at Hogwarts. Mad-Eye Moody's magical eye wasn't so strange and unusual anymore, Professor Trewlaney still glanced at Violetta every now and then but she didn't care anymore. She had decided that Gabriel was right and the woman was just a little bit off.

The first day of the Tournament didn't start too well for Violetta; Peeves managed to pour an entire bucket of slugs on her, in which she returned by nearly hexing him. Thinking that seeing her best friends would make the whole slug-situation a little better, Violetta marched to the Slytherin Dungeons. When she couldn't see Vivian nor Gabriel, she went to her dormitory where Henrietta and Clarice were giggling and gossiping.

"Hell no," said Violetta, dropped her bags on her bed and left the room. She had no energy to spend any time with Henrietta and Clarice.

Violetta found herself a nice bench just outside the school's walls. She brought her favorite book with her and ignored all the strange looks she received from everyone. Just because she was a Slytherin didn't mean that she couldn't read. It was only Goyle who couldn't, or Crabbe. Violetta can't ever remember which is which.

While she was completely compelled by her book, she could still hear things happening around her and when footsteps approached her, she lifted her gaze from her book.

"Hey gorgeous," said Peregrine and approached Violetta.

He placed his one foot on the bench and the other one was strongly on the grass beneath him. "Haven't seen you today."

"You've been looking?" Retorted Violetta and returned her gaze back to her book. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm busy, Derrick."

This didn't seem to bother Peregrine because he placed himself to sit next to Violetta. He placed his hand on her thigh. "Don't be like that."

Violetta snapped her head towards him, closed his book and slammed it on the hand on her thigh. "I don't recall giving you the permission to do that."

Peregrine rolled his eyes but held his hand in his other one, gently massaging it. "You know you shouldn't act like that towards me."