𝚇𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚌𝚊

══════ • ❀ • ══════

january 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚌𝚊"

𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Even as a child, Violetta wasn't too close with her aunt. It wasn't really Violetta's fault or choice ― Bellatrix Lestrange just didn't exactly like spending time with children. She didn't really like children ― not even her sister's. Bellatrix did come and see her young niece and nephews when they were children but her visits were never about them. During her visits, she would often spend hours and hours just to talk about the Dark Lord and his holy purpose. She never hugged her sister's children and only held them if she had no choice.

Bellatrix's vague relationship with her niece and nephews wasn't entirely her fault. Lucius has never liked Bellatrix and he never felt comfortable enough to leave his children with the nut job of a woman his wife's sister was. Out of mere hope ― Narcissa wanted her children and sister to have a good relationship like she had with her aunt Walburga but it didn't take more than a month for her to realise this was never going to happen.

The way Bellatrix would hold Narcissa and Lucius' children when they were babies was pure terror for them ― little Regulus' head unsupported or unevenly holding Draco so that he was nearly upside down.

What happened to Violetta though ― that will haunt them forever because they still don't know what happened. No one knew if Bellatrix was fully aware of what the Dark Lord did when Violetta was four months old but everyone knew that the Lestrange woman wasn't going to give any information because then she would betray her Lord's trust.

From that day on, Bellatrix wasn't allowed to be alone with the children for one second.

But things were about to change.

Violetta was standing next to her mother, holding her hand as her father was holding Narcissa's other hand as an act of support. Even Druella and Cygnus were present which really surprised everyone since they weren't exactly on friendly terms with Bellatrix.

Bellatrix has always been an odd one. Never really a perfect pureblood girl who marries and has babies. She married a man her parents had told her to but she wasn't the wife her society expected her to be. She devoted her life to the Dark Lord ― which Violetta respected ― but Bellatrix wasn't just devoted but she was obsessed with the Dark Lord in a very unhealthy way.