𝙻. 𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝

══════ • ❀ • ══════

december 1996

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝"

𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚜

Christmas emerged sooner than anyone had expected and while it has always been the happiest time of the Malfoy family, this year was different. All three children of the family were exhausted, feeling very under the weather and in Violetta's case ― very angry and paranoid.

She had stopped counting the times she has now used the Cruciatus on a human ― she didn't want to know the times. Using the curse didn't make her feel strong or powerful. It didn't make her feel important. It only made her feel bad, almost like she was no better than her aunt who was a complete maniac.

And yet, Violetta wanted to believe that everything ― every bad thing she has done ― were for the greater good. She was blindly following the Dark Lord, the fear of making a mistake by taking the mark haunting her like a ghost.

But despite Violetta's or her brothers' personal feelings, they had decided together to make this Christmas, and Regulus and Violetta's birthday, as memorable as the ones before.

Unfortunately it seemed that the Dark Lord was not in the holiday spirit because he kept sending Violetta and Regulus off to several missions ― and each mission has been a disappointment.

Lately it has been Voldemort's priority to make Violetta use the worst of Unforgivables and each time Violetta had failed.

No matter how upset or angry she was, Violetta couldn't kill anyone.

She might be able to do many awful and immoral things but killing wasn't one of them.

It was two days before Christmas so the twins, and their little brother, had decorated the manor with their finest Christmas decorations. Or Regulus and Draco did most of the job because Violetta had just returned home from her latest mission.

Or from her latest failure.

Her aunt had eventually killed the muggle Violetta was supposed to eliminate.

Violetta entered her mother's bedchamber where she found the woman herself on the bed, a book in her hand and reading glasses resting on the bridge of her nose.

Because the manor's been occupied with the most vile of men, Narcissa has become very alert whenever anyone was near her, and noticed her daughter almost immediately. She smiled softly at Violetta, placed her book on her nightstand and patted the empty spot of the king size bed.