𝙻𝚇𝙸. 𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚌𝚑

══════ • ❀ • ══════

july 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚌𝚑" 

𝚊 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎

Beautiful Italy was far behind when August came and Violetta and Fleur had to return to England. The city of London was on the verge of chaos now that the 'war' no longer affected only the magical population but also muggles. The gloomy England was no longer gloomy but dark. There was darkness everywhere and when Violetta and Fleur entered Diagon Alley, the place was a shadow of its former self.

Violetta has seen how the war has affected Diagon Alley before her time off in Italy but she had no idea that things had escalated this quickly. This only reminded her that she needs to know the truth about Horcruxes sooner rather than later unless she wanted to end up like Diagon Alley; broken and forgotten.

Whatever the truth was, Violetta knew that the only place to go look for it was 12 Grimmauld Place. Regulus Black used to live his entire (short) life there and he seemed to be the only one who knew what exactly had happened to Violetta ― although he had hid it quite well.

Fleur made Violetta take her to 12 Grimmauld Place. Violetta had put on a good fight and tried to talk Fleur out of it but for nothing.

"So this is it," Violetta said, walking ahead of Fleur when they entered 12 Grimmauld Place through Sirius' secret pathway. "It's old and dusty and trust me, if these walls could talk..."

Violetta stopped suddenly and turned to look at Fleur.

"They can, actually. Or great-aunt Walburga's portrait can. We should try and avoid that. She won't like you, I'm afraid," she continued, only to earn an amused smile from Fleur which made her frown.

"I have come to the conclusion that your family will never like me. I have accepted that," Fleur said with confidence.

"We should still avoid Walburga. That woman will go on and on about whatever, and we don't have that much time," Violetta said and continued walking, her destination being Regulus Black's room once again.

Fleur followed Violetta, her hand holding hers. She looked around the house and she could understand why Regulus Black had hid so many things ― his childhood and home didn't look too bright. It didn't look like the place he grew up gave him too many options on how to live his life.