𝙻𝚇𝚇𝙸. 𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚖

══════ • ❀ • ══════

march 1998

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

𝙻𝚇𝚇𝙸. "𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚖"

 𝚜𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗

Seeing Druella a month ago gave Violetta a lot to think about. It wasn't anything Druella had said or done but just visiting her mother's childhood home made Violetta think about many things when it came to her family and its members ― the living and dead ones.

But soon, she found herself thinking about Regulus and Sirius Black the most.

Violetta was familiar with Regulus who was her godfather but had died when Violetta was still too young to remember him well ― all she had were the stories her mother used to tell her about him. She didn't know Sirius that well ― she wondered did she ever even meet him.

All she knew was that he was a muggle loving blood-traitor who didn't care about his family. Violetta never needed to know more but now, as a blood-traitor, she thought she should but there was no one to tell her anything. She knew Walburga won't say a word to her, the woman despises her first born.

Regulus Black was more of a mystery though.

Violetta knew him and everything her mother had told her, were good things but Regulus' death however, that was something Narcissa never talked about. Partly because it was too painful and partly because no one truly knew what had happened to Regulus.

Apparently some thought he got cold feet and got killed because of this. Some said he ran away and died. Some thought he was killed by the Dark Lord and some thought he was killed by the Order.

Never having the courage to ask, Violetta didn't know what her mother or father thought.

But now Violetta knew the truth.

Potter had left her the letter Regulus Black had written just before his death. The letter was inside Salazar Slytherin's locket which also happened to be one Horcrux.

To the Dark Lord -

I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.

- R.A.B

Those words haunted Violetta.

It was rather ironic, she thought. At first when taking the mark, Violetta thought she was a lot like her dead godfather. Then she got disowned for falling in love with the wrong kind of person, she thought she was a lot like Andromeda. But now, stealing Horcruxes and lying about alliances, Violetta knew she was more like Regulus Black than anyone else.