arson

The figure opened the front door to the Sandy Cove Motel and quickly went inside. It put the plastic jerry can down on the floor and took out a cellphone. Quickly the figure went to the flashlight app, clicked on it and  shone the light around.

The figure's face lit up, momentarily, in the light, to show a young man.

He picked up the plastic jerry can and walked to a spot near the front desk, where several propane tanks were sitting. He had put the tanks inside before leaving for the night, about six hours earlier.

He leaned the cellphone against a circular saw, atop the front desk. Quickly, he picked up a plastic garbage can filled with scrap and dumped it over the four full propane tanks. He gathered up as much loose wood and any other flammables, as he could find and dumped that atop and around the tanks, as well.

Moments later, he picked up the plastic jerry can and walked to the spot where the tanks were. He poured gasoline over the tanks and all the debris piled around them and then quickly walked, backwards, to the front door of the Motel, pouring gasoline on the floor, until the can was empty. 

"Fuck," he swore quietly, as he realized he had left his cellphone on the front desk.

He hurried back, tossing the plastic can on the rubble pile. He grabbed his cell phone and hurried back to the front door.

He opened the contacts on his cell phone and quickly sent the message:

'Its done'

He got a quick reply.

'Good. Get out.'

He reached into his pocket and took out a disposable lighter.

"Fuck," he swore again, realizing he had no safe way of lighting the gasoline.

He shone the flashlight around again and saw some blueprints on a table, to his left.

He hurried to the table and grabbed a blueprint, quickly twisting it into a funnel, so he could light it.

He turned again, but stopped in his tracks.

Carl Pike woke up suddenly. He wiped his eyes, to see his late Uncle's spirit, near his bed.

"Uncle Vic?"

"Dere bes someting goin' on down in yer new motel

"Dere bes someting goin' on down in yer new motel."

"What?"

"Best bes gettin' down dere, before its bes too late."