seagull wars (part 2)

Bill awoke to the feel of the warm sun on his face. He could hear the waves gently splashing on the rocks and feel a slight breeze carrying the smell of the salt air to him.

He opened his eyes slowly.

"Finally," he whispered.

It had taken a full day and night, but once again his sight was as it should be. And Matty had not left his side, until the early hours of morning, when Bill had told her to go home.

Bill rolled over on his back and closed his eyes again, soaking in the beautiful attack on his senses.

"This is heaven," he sighed.

Suddenly a sound like some wounded animal, echoed through the bedroom. Bill bolted up in bed, opened his eyes and turned, immediately, toward the window.

He could see nothing.

"What the fuck was that," Bill wondered, as he quickly got out of bed, walking toward the window.

"Ise believes Ise talked to youse 'bout bein' naked in me 'ouse, 'asn't Ise?"

Bill rolled his eyes. He did have his underwear on.

"I believe it is my house, now," he whispered.

"What's be youse sayin' dere, Willam. Speaks up, me son."

Bill had to smile. He was quickly realizing that Nanny Dove would never change, just as Matty had warned him.

"Sorry Nanny Dove."

He picked up a pair of sleep pants, from the foot of the bed and put them on. He turned to Nanny Dove.

"Better?"

"Ise s'pose fer now. But I don'ts knows why youse wants to be shown' off that chest. Youse can't 'ave more den a dozen 'airs dere. Not really a man's chest. But Ise guess when youse gits past puberty, dey will sprout out," she added laughing.

The image of a condo in Jamaica flashed in Bill's head, but quickly disappeared as a loud screech from outside caught his attention.

"What is that?"

Bill went to the window and was attempting to look outside, but the screen on the window stopped him.

He stepped back slowly, more than a  little embarrassed.

"Willam, me son. Youse 'aves screens on dem windows now," Nanny Dove laughed.

"youse best not bes tryin' to stick yer 'ead thru."

"Thank you Nanny Dove."

Another screech echoed through the room.

"Dat be soundin' like a gull."

Bill looked through the screen, as best he could. Now and then he could see a wing come into his line of sight.

"Looks like there is a gull out there.

That must have been what I heard. Maybe it hit the screen window, trying to fly in?"