Silas and Elizabeth

"I still don't understand all of this. So there was a young man named Williams on the Emily Rose.

What does that have to do with me?"

The spirit of Silas Williams pointed away from where they were standing.

"This is inhuman," Issac Dove was yelling at Webster.

"You cannot possibly put us ashore here."

"Would you prefer I toss the whole lot of you over the side of the boat and make you swim to shore?"

Bill looked around. People were being brought from below deck and forced to climb down rope ladders to long open boats. Bill could see two of the boats on the open water headed for a small beach.

"That doesn't look like Tuckamore Bay."

The spirit of Silas Williams shook his head.

"Indeed it isn't, young Bill. But this is where Webster decided to relieve himself of the residents of Tuckamore County."

Bill watched as sailors tossed furniture and chests overboard.

"Why are they doing that?"

"It would take too much time to get all the belongings to shore."

The spirit turned to the horizon.

"As you can see, some rather nasty looking weather is on the way."

"You have given us but a small portion of the livestock that we brought abroad," Issac Dove complained to Webster.

"How will we be able to assure our animals thrive with such a small ..."

Webster grabbed Issac Dove by the jacket.

"Be lucky that I have given you any livestock. My crew and I shall live well until we get to Boston."

"You will not go unpunished for this," Issac Dove threatened.

"And just who do you think will even care?"

"I am sure that Captain Landers submitted our course change to the representative of the Cartwell Company."

Webster started laughing.

"Poor Captain Landers fell ill, long before he could submit the change. But then I did inform the representative that assuredly I would see that you safely made passage to Captain Cook's Harbour."

"You Sir are a vile man."

Webster laughed even harder.

"The next merchant ship will not be this way for at least a year and by that time, the Emily Rose will no longer exist in these waters.

I'll be taking my crew and this ship to friendlier waters in the south."

"If I were a violent man, I would surely give you a thrashing," Webster threatened.