Tucker's General Store

Bill stopped dead in his tracks and stared at the man, slightly dumbfounded.

"Is youse be deaf me son? Git dat piece of shit off the road so I can git past."

"I'm so sorry," Bill apologized, as he hurried back to his truck, started it and pulled it as far to the right, as he could.

The old green Ford pulled slowly around Bill's truck.

Bill smiled and waved at the older man.

"Fuckin' mainlanders," the man scowled, as he drove by, flipping Bill the middle finger, as he did so.

Bill watched as the old green Ford as it barrelled off down the hill, black smoke pouring from its exhaust pipe.

"Real friendly folk here," he said aloud.

"Real fucking friendly. And to think I passed up a condo in Jamaica for this."

Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Bill was about to put the truck in gear, when his cell phone rang. Bill pushed the button for bluetooth.

"Hello."

"Mr. Williams. Dave Wells here."

"Mr. Wells. Nice to hear from you."

"Just wanted to check in with you to make sure that you found Tuckamore Bay okay."

"Yea. Actually I am at the top of a hill, just about to go down into the village."

"Well that is just great. It is a wonderful little village. I am sure that you will just get along famously with the people there."

Bill rolled his eyes.

"Actually i just met one of my new neighbours. Real friendly type."

Mr. Wells obviously missed the sarcasm.

"Really? Bet it was a unique experience."

Again Bill rolled his eyes.

"Yea, that's one way to look at it. A real experience."