just another Friday in da Bay

Gerald Higgins, the OHS representative closed his briefcase and sat back in his chair.

"Well, Mr. Williams ..."

Bill shook his head.

Higgins laughed.

"Well Bill, it seems that you have everything up to OHS and government standards. Your ventilation system is one of the best I have seen. The equipment is all new and your staff seem above and beyond well trained.

I see all the proper training courses have been attained and you even have a Health and Safety Committee set up, which you really don't need at this point, but it is a grand gesture on your part."

"Bill always wants 'es ducks in a row," Clayton Rideout smiled.

"'e doesn't does anyting 'alf assed."

"Well this is a fine shop and the work you are doing here is beautiful."

Wike Rideout beamed slightly.

"Wes be doin' da best we can. It bes a lot easier when youse 'as all da right equipment at your fingertips."

Higgins stood up.

"Well, I had best be going."

He shook hands with the three men.

"You have my card and please get in contact with me if you have any concerns what so ever. The OHS is here to serve you and help with any issues that may come up."

"Thank you Gerald," Bill nodded.

"Let me walk you to your car.

You know you are welcome to stop at the Pub and have a beer. My treat."

Higgins shook his head.

"No. I have to get back to Deer Lake. I have a meeting first thing in the morning and a full day after that."

He got into his car, waved to Bill and drove off.

Bill watched until he crested the small hill and he walked back inside the plant.

"Well dat went well, Bill, me son," Clayton smiled, as Bill walked back in his office.

He passed Bill a scotch.

"'eres to our success."

Bill clinked glasses and drank his scotch.

"I want to thank you Clayton and all the others for the amazing job you have done here."

Clayton stood up.

"Well, me son. Best youse be sayin' dat to all da boys."

He picked up the telephone and spoke over the intercom.

"Everyone stop workin' fer a minute. Da boss wants a few words."

Work in the shop stopped, as Bill walked out of the office and stood at the top of the stairwell.