getting in the Christmas spirit

With Christmas just 5 days away, the TB Committee had another tough decision to make.

Traditionally, the people of the Bay would go into the forest surrounding the Bay and cut their own Christmas trees. Bill and Matty decide that this tradition had to stop, as the destruction of the young trees was a setback to the village. If they were to become a destination for vacationers, they needed to keep the forest in tact.

Hiking and riding trails were proposed for the non winter months and cross-country and snowmobile trails were proposed for the long winter months.

Begrudgingly, the Committee, with a TT vote, agreed to stop the tradition, but the people still wanted their real Christmas trees, so it was decided that TB Transport would drive to White's Tree Farm and purchase one hundred fir trees for the village. The trees would cost the village $40 dollars each, which Bill agreed he would pay for.

The trees would be delivered ASAP, so the village could prepare for Christmas.

Already, the village was alive with outdoor decorations and the quaint little village became alive with a kaleidoscope of lights.

After the meeting, Bill and Matty went to Dove's Pub, where they had gathered all the people from the Harris' crews for a final drink and thank-you for helping the Bay out. 

As a bonus, TB Limited agreed to pay the crews a one week salary bonus, to get them through until the New Year. All crews were to be back in the Bay, to start work again on the 4th of January. Housing would be onsite for the crews.

After the last of the crew had left, Bill and Matty had a drink with Perry and Cathy Harris.

"I want to thank you both for all the help you have given us, through what I can only imagine must be a most trying time for you

"I want to thank you both for all the help you have given us, through what I can only imagine must be a most trying time for you."

"It certainly has been unusual," Perry agreed.

"I just hope we can get beyond all of this and continue to have a good working relationship."

Perry nodded.

"So do I, Bill. And I don't really see any reason why we can't."

"Have you talked to your sister?"

"I have, Matty."

Perry shook his head.

"I don't know what the fuck got into her head. This is so out of character for her.