cut yer losses

Bill and Matty's vacation stretched into two weeks. There were times when the two never wanted it to end and even talk of a condo in Jamaica jokingly came up from time to time, but they both knew they had unfinished business back at Tuckamore Bay.

And from the daily reports they were getting from Tanya, they had more work to do then they had expected.

The two had barely gotten inside their house when the telephone rang.

"That would be Mayor Tucker," Tanya informed the two.

"He has been callin' at least ten times a day, even though Ise told him dat youse two would be back when youse got back."

"Ise 'ad to go to da other 'ouse to get some peace and quiet," Nanny Dove complained.

"Between dat phone never stoppin' and dat youngin's rock and roll music, dis place were like some kind of disco."

"I love youse too, Nanny Dove," Tanya laughed.

The telephone stopped ringing, as Tanya hugged Jarge.

"I hope he wasn't any problem."

Tanya shook her head.

"He was an absolute doll. He was actually great company."

Tanya picked up her knapsack.

"Well. I will let youse two get settled in."

"Just one second, Tanya. I have something for you."

Matty walked to her and passed her an envelope.

"What is this?"

"Its a contract. Bill and I have decided to hire you on as our assistant for now and eventually you will be the tourism manager for the Bay. We looked over your ideas and we both love them. We want you to look at the contract and give it some thought."

As Matty spoke, Tanya opened the envelope, ran to the desk and signed the document.

Matty laughed.

"Don't you want to read it?"

Tanya shook her head.

"Nope. I accept."

She passed Matty the signed document.

Matty pulled the paper clip off the papers and handed Tanya a cheque that was attached to the back of the documents.

"This is your pay for the first two weeks, plus a little bonus for looking after things here."

Tears filled Tanya's eyes as she hugged both Matty and Bill.

"Thank you both so much. I won't let youse down."

"We know," Bill smiled, as he reached into his pocket.

"And there is one more thing."