Frank Pittman

Bill walked into Dove's Pub. There were a couple residents at the bar, who greeted him as he walked in, but his attention was drawn to a man sitting in the far corner. 

He was sipping on a beer and looking over some papers that were on the table.

"Who is that?" Bill asked Lindsay Pike, the Pub manager, as she put a beer in front of him.

Lindsay Pike

"Dat feller bes from da environment agency. His name bes Frank Pittman."

Bill thought back to a couple weeks or so earlier when he had left the Bay for a week or so. He remembered seeing a car with the name 'Pittman Environmental Services' on the door.

"He was here a couple weeks ago."

Lindsay nodded.

"So, where's bes Matty?"

"She took Joyce Dove to Corner Brook for a doctor's appointment. They are going to do some shopping as well and stay the night."

Lindsay laughed.

"And youse didn't goes?"

Bill stared at Lindsay.

"Seriously? Would you want to be trapped in a car for over two hours with Joyce?"

He looked across the bar at John Dove, Joyce's husband.

"No offence John."

John laughed.

"None taken me son. Can't says Ise blames ya. Whys do youse tinks Ise didn't take 'er."

Lindsay patted Bill's shoulder.

"Dat bes a good move on your part, Bill."

She started to walk away but stopped, turning back to Bill.

"Has youse ate supper yet?"

Bill shook his head.

"No. Too lazy to get anything."

"Dats what Ise figured. How 'bouts Ise rustles youse up some steak and fries?"

"Sounds good Lindsay. Thank you."

"No problem, Bill. And youse is payin' fer it."