Frank's encounter

Bill slowly opened his eyes.

"There he is," Matty smiled, as she kissed his lips quickly.

"You need your teeth brushed."

Bill looked around.

"I'm in the living room."

"Yea. It was late last night when I finished the proposal for Hirst. When I came and checked on you, you were sound asleep and snoring and I didn't want to wake you, so I just covered you up and went to bed."

Bill sat up on the couch.

"What time is it?"

"Its just after nine."

"I was suppose to meet with the council at nine."

"I already talked to Joyce and John. I told them the meeting was off until further notice, given the circumstances of the last week."

Bill nodded and stood up, stretching.

"I need a shower and a change of clothes."

"You go and do that. I will put on some fresh coffee and print out the proposal."

When Bill returned from his shower, Matty was in the living room, talking to Nanny Dove.

"Morning, Nanny."

"Ise see dat youse slept on da couch last night. Youse and Matty bes fighting?"

"Leave Bill alone, old lady. He's had a rough week. Go and bother Tanya for a while."

Nanny Dove grunted and left.

Matty walked to the kitchen and came back with a mug of coffee for Bill.

"Here, have this. I want you to look over the proposal I have written up."

Bill nodded, as he sipped the coffee.

"You got smokes?"

Matty passed him a pack of cigarettes.

"We have to pick up some later. That's our last pack."

Matty looked at the cellphone, that was vibrating in her hand.

"Cameron?"

Matty declined the call and dropped the cellphone on an armchair.

"Yea. He's been calling every half hour or so for the last couple days. Seems our Mr. Hirst is anxious to get this shit over with."

"Well, fuck him," Bill snapped, as he lit a cigarette.

"He can wait. After all he put us through, he can sit in that hotel room and go insane for all I care."