Tuckamore Bay council

Bill was standing near his truck, reattaching the tarp, when Matty joined him.

"Going somewhere?"

Bill shook his head.

"No. Just pulled out my suitcases. I needed more clothes."

Matty let out a little sigh.

Good," she smiled.

"So you ready for this?"

"You make it sound so ominous."

Matty laughed.

"Not really. Its just the mayor and two councillors."

"Do you think we should really do this, considering I haven't really made a decision?"

Matty shrugged.

"Can't hurt. Besides, how can you make a real decision unless you see all the aspects of the Bay?"

Bill nodded.

"That's true. Okay, let's go then. Should we take your car or my truck?"

Matty put her arm through Bill's.

"Its a ten minute walk. Come on."

The two walked the cobblestone road, following it westward, toward the end of the village.

"It really is so beautiful here," Bill remarked, looking at the quaint, colourfully pained houses.

"Now you know why I love this place so much."

They walked in silence for the next few minutes until they came upon a building with a sign that said ...

TUCKAMORE BAY COMMUNITY CENTER & DOVE'S PUB.

"Dove's Pub?" Bill enquired.

"My great-grandfather Malcolm designed and built this community center. It was originally supposed to have a small chapel, but the Bay voted on a Pub instead."

"So the people of the Bay are not religiously connected?"

"They practise their religion in their own ways."

"Like cults?" Bill asked, but feared the answer.

Matty laughed and pulled Bill along, by the arm.

"No. Some will drive to Deer Lake for church and Sunday lunch, while most just have a quiet, reflective Sunday morning."

Bill let out a little sigh.

"That's good."

Matty continued to laugh.

"Come on you big worrier.