Sunday nutty Sunday

Officer Temple walked into Dove's Pub and straight to the table where Commander Lukeman was sitting with Matty.

"Sir, we have finished our search or the area around the woods and shoreline, where we found the squad car. We could find nothing. There were some signs that Vatcher may have wandered through the woods, but nothing definite. The locals say that if he went over the cliffs there, he would have been caught in the undercurrent and dragged out to the ocean."

"Get a underwater team up here and take a look out around that area."

"Best be careful out there, Don. There has been more than one incident, over the years, where people have met their fate out there."

"What would you suggest, Matty?"

Matty looked to the bar, where Carl Pike was sitting, having a coffee.

"Carl?"

He turned on his stool.

"Yea, Matty?"

"Can you fire up the Matty D. and take some of these officers out around the shoreline, where they found the cop car. You know that area well."

Carl nodded.

"Ise can, Matty, but wes both knows dat ifin that Vatcher guy went out dere, he could be in Labrador by now, or down in da Bay of Islands."

"I know, but can you do it anyway, just to satisfy the Officers?"

"Ise will grab Dad and wese will meet da Officers down at da wharf."

Matty looked at Commander Lukeman.

 "Have your Officers go to the wharf, down by the fab plant. Carl will take them around the Bay's shoreline. If there is anything there, they will see it."

"I will get the Officers from Parsons Pond and search the shoreline."

Commander Lukeman shook his head.

"No. Have the Officers from the Pond, go with Mr. Pike. I want you to find Officer Bradley and come back here. We are going to have a meeting with Miss Dove and Mr. Williams."

Matty laughed.

"If we are going to have a meeting, we best have it somewhere more private than here. Once the T-T gets hold of it, this place will fill up."