Fred

"Honey? Do you need anything at Tucker's?"

"No, me love, Ise bes fine. Unless youse can figures 'ow Ise could 'ave a nice stiff drink of whiskey."

Bill turned and stared at Nanny Dove.

"It is not you that needs to drink. It is those around you."

"Matty, your 'ubby is givin' me a 'ard time. Again."

Matty walked out of the bedroom, toward Bill.

"I would say its the other way around, old lady."

She gave him a quick kiss.

"Want to have a barbecue for supper?"

"Sounds good."

"Then grab some steaks or pork chops. Whatever you feel like."

"Okay. Be right back."

"Oh, Bill?"

He turned.

"Yes hun."

"See if Henry has any lettuce in yet. He didn't have any yesterday, but he said that Ronnie would be here first thing this morning.

Oh and some radishes too, if he has any."

"Okay."

Bill put his hand on the door handle, as Matty popped in the kitchen. He hesitated for a moment and then took it back off, as Matty popped out again.

"Oh and get me some fresh milk and see if he has any butter in yet. He was out yesterday."

She popped back in the kitchen.

Bill leaned against the door and lit a cigarette, as he waited.

Matty popped back out.

"And we need some smokes and you only have one cigar left and we are almost out of bread."

Bill nodded as he drew on a cigarette and watched Matty pop back into the kitchen, but then like a rubber ball, she popped right back out.

"Forget the bread. I'll bake some fresh bread instead."

"That would be great," Bill commented. He really did love Matty's fresh bread.

"Good. Then get me a ten pound bag of flour and some yeast. And see if Henry has any raisins. I will make you some raisin bread too."

She blew Bill a kiss.

"Love you."

Bill caught the kiss and held it to his heart.

"Love you too, baby."

Nanny Dove laughed.