a new home

Bill and Matty walked hand in hand through the archway that led to the new extension of their house.

"Its beautiful," Matty gasped, as she stood in the corner of the bedroom, looking out over the Atlantic Ocean.

She turned to Bill. 

"I just can't believe you managed to get this all done so quickly and everything moved in."

Bill had made an extra effort to keep Matty out of the new extension to the house, to a point where he had the entrance to the new part shut off, so Matty would have to walk around, if she wanted to get to the new deck. Even the windows were covered.

He had even sent Matty to Corner Brook for a night, with Tanya under the pretence of a fact finding mission at the city archives. The two did an hour of searching and a day of shopping and then a night at the Glynmill Inn and some dancing at a local bar, Cathy's Place, that featured live music.

Bill was certain both women would have men hitting on them, all night, but knew that Matty could more than look after herself and just to be sure, he sent Freddy and Gertrude to corner Brook to shadow them, just in case of trouble.

Of course Matty spotted them immediately and the four spent the night together, which made Bill feel far more secure.

Bill had checked in with Matty once before supposedly going to bed. In reality, he and about twenty men and women from the Bay worked through the night to finish the extension and fill it with the furniture Matty had picked out. Bill had all the furniture sent up secretly the morning Matty and Tanya left. She probably passed the moving truck, somewhere on the highway.

It had cost Bill almost triple what it would have normally cost to do the extension, but he wanted it finished to surprise Matty. She knew there were extra people at the site, but she only saw those who were working on the outside of the house, putting on the matching siding and roofing, to keep the Tuckamore Bay theme on the outside.

She had no idea the flurry of activity inside the extension.

Bill and the others had worked the entire night adding the finishing touches and it was nearly 7 a.m., when they all had a drink on the deck, to celebrate their achievement. Then everyone went home. Bill got to sleep in until almost noon, before Matty woke him, to show him the stuff she had bought.

As she did, Bill made them coffee and then took his fiancé by the hand and led her through the now open archway, that led to their new extension.

He showed her the bedroom first.

Matty had picked out an old style four poster bed, with matching bureau and armoire

Matty had picked out an old style four poster bed, with matching bureau and armoire. A simple old style arm chair sat near the bureau and a rocking chair was tucked into the opposite corner near an old fashioned table, complete with hand knitted doilies. The walls were adorned with but a couple family pictures and a simple star like brass hanger over the bed.