manic Monday (4)

Nick was standing in the parking lot of Tucker's General Store, when the three police cars and an ambulance pulled on the parking lot.

The paramedics were the first out of their vehicles and Nick immediately walked to them.

"I am Dr. Nick Rose."

The first paramedic shook his hand

"I am Geoff Carter and this is my partner, Lionel Alexander."

"What have we got?" Lionel asked.

"We have a possible heart attack victim inside. A fifty-five year old male. He was struck by another man and immediately complained of chest pains. When I arrived, his skin was pale and clammy. His breathing shallow.

I administered him a nitroglycerine tablet and monitored his vitals. He seems to be stable now.

I have contacted Western Memorial and informed them that we will be bringing him in."

"Okay," Geoff nodded.

"Let's go and take a look."

As Nick and the two paramedics entered the store, they went straight to Henry.

While they attended to Henry; Harry, Ken and Ron escorted the two men out to where four police officers were waiting.

Before they had put their weapons away, the men had zip-tied the hands of the assailants. They led them down the front stairs of the store.

One of the police officers stepped forward.

"I am Officer Fredricks."

Harry shook the officers hand.

"Dese men came into our store and dey assaulted my brudder, 'enry. The doctor bes wit 'im now.

He tinks me brudder mite 'ave ad a 'eart attack, when dis big fella 'ere slapped 'e across da face."

"I didn't slap anyone. We went into the store to get some smokes and water and the old man in there gave us a hard time."

"Dat bes a lie," Harriette snapped, as she walked from inside the store.

"Ise saw 'e 'it my Uncle 'arry."

"You lying bitch," the big man snapped back at her.

"You weren't even there, when I hit ..."