manic Monday (5)

It was nearly four in the afternoon by the time statements were taken from all Bay residents involved in the incident. The Officers decided that statements from Hirst and his accomplices would be taken in the Deer Lake detachment of the RCMP, where they would be held in custody.

Two of the police cars left with three passengers in the back seat and two Officers in the front, while Officer Fredricks drove one of the black SUVs with Simon Hirst in the front seat, handcuffed.

The rental company had been contacted and they were sending people the next day to get the two remaining black SUVs.

By the time all seven men were in custody, the residents of Tuckamore Bay were out in full force. Luckily all the children of school age were in school in Deer Lake and arrived back home after the incident had ended.

Officer Bradley assured everyone that the RCMP had the situation under control and that everyone were free to carry on with their normal routines.

Those gathered near Tucker's General Store applauded Officer Bradley and waved to the other Officers, as they drove away.

It was all just for show, as the residents of the Bay had been aware of everything that was happening because of the Tuck-Text, or TT, as the villages group text was called. There was never a doubt that the situation would be brought under control.

Letting the RCMP feel that they had accomplished that feat, would just assure good relations for the future, if the Bay ever needed their presence again.

Officer Bradley thanked Harry and Mabel for their cooperation and drove his car across the street to Bill and Matty's home.

As he got out of his car, he was met by Bill, who had been informed by Nanny Dove, that he was coming.

Bill offered his hand.

"Officer Bradley, I believe."

"Mr

"Mr. Williams."

"Bill. Please call me Bill.

Is there something further that you need?"

"I was wondering if I could talk to you and your wife privately?"

Bill nodded.

"Matty is out back on the veranda. We can go there."

Bill led the way around the house, to the veranda.

Matty stood when she saw the Officer.

"Oh. I didn't know we were having company."