TBL has a new partner

Matty opened the patio door, letting Gail inside and immediately gave her a huge hug.

"I am so sorry for all you have gone through. I wish I had been here to help you through it."

Gail kissed Matty's cheek

"You had more important things to do, Mrs. Williams."

Bill showed up in the living room and after hugging Gail, as well, he closed the patio door and helped Gail take her coat off.

"Would you like a drink?"

"I have a gift."

Gail reached into the bag she had brought with her and took out a wooden box. She passed it to Bill.

"I thought we might celebrate, rather than dwell on the bad that has happened."

Bill's eyes opened wide.

"Fifty year old Dalmore. Wow. Some would have to remortgage their house to afford this."

"Well, what is the sense of having all Daddy's money, unless I start to enjoy it."

Gail sat on the couch.

"Pour us up a glass, Bill."

Suddenly a thought hit her.

"Oh shit, Matty, I am sorry. I forgot you are pregnant."

"That's okay Gail. besides, my doctor says I can have a tiny drink, as long as I sip on it."

"One ounce," Bill reminded her, as he took out the crystal scotch glasses and poured he and Gail a drink and measured out one ounce for Matty.

He passed the drinks to the women and sat on the love seat, next to Matty.

"What shall we toast?"

"The future," Gail smiled, as she raised her glass.

"And lets hope it erases a lot of the past."

The three sipped their scotch.

"Oh, fuck," Bill sighed.

"So smooth."