Freddy's Ford Mustang

"Going to Tucker's to get some ribs for supper, honey. You need anything?"

Nanny Dove appeared in her rocking chair.

"Does 'enry have any pills dat cud 'elp dat man of yours git you pregnant?"

Matty rolled her eyes.

"Sorry old lady. No baby this month."

"See Ise told youse 'e was useless."

"I'm right here, Nanny," Bill laughed, as he kissed Matty quickly.

"Ise sees dat, Willam. But Ise still tinks dem spermy tings bes swimmin' all wrong."

"I am not having this conversation again."

He kissed Matty again.

"Can you check if Henry got my cigars and scotch in. I haven't got a call from him."

Matty nodded.

"Sure. What are you doing?"

"I want to clean the barbecue for tonight. Jojo and Kenny are coming still, right?"

Matty nodded.

"And we are going to Dove's Pub after. Its all 50s night tonight. You might even get to see me in a skirt."

"Dat wud bes a first," Nanny Dove huffed.

"No wonder youse 'asn't got a bun in da oven. Youse about as sexy as a rock in dem old sweatpants and t-shirts dat youse wears."

"Matty is the sexiest woman I have ever met," Bill assured Nanny Dove.

"No matter what she wears."

"Its what is underneath that counts, old lady," Matty smirked as she walked through the patio doors and left.

"And I have what counts."

"Dat woman of yours is a bit of a pain in the ass, youse knows."

Bill walked out on the patio.

"Must run in the family."

Matty saw the RCMP car, as soon as she started walking across the cobblestone road. It was such an unfamiliar sight in the Bay.

As she walked inside Tucker's Store, she saw Harry talking to two RCMP officers.

"Hello Harry."

Harry let out a long sigh.

"Matty. Is Ise ever glad to sees youse."

One of the officers turned.

"And you are?"