Tuckamore Bay

Bill Williams stopped his pickup truck at the top of the hill. He stepped outside and looked down on the tiny village that would be his new home.

"Absolutely beautiful," he gasped.

"Almost postcard like."

Tuckamore Bay was indeed beautiful.

A quaint little village built on the northwest coast of Newfoundland. It was situated about an hour and a half from the town of Deer Lake and forty-five minutes to the west was the city of Corner Brook.

According to the video and information Dave Well had given him, the village boasted a general store / gas station and 4 room motel. There was also a small community center that housed a small pub and the municipal office. There was also a small fish plant, that at one time had been the main employer of the village.

The village had a population of about 250, who lived in colourful houses that were spread out alongside the main road. A beautiful cobblestone road that had been built several years back, in hopes of drawing more tourists to the village.

And the focal point of the village, the Tuckamore Bay lighthouse. A real working lighthouse.

"My lighthouse," Bill spoke aloud, proudly.

"My beautiful lighthouse."

Tuckamore Bay

Tuckamore Bay

Bill laughed slightly, at the irony of the situation. Here he was, a 33 year old, single man, who on the spur of the moment, decided to pack up, move across the country, to a small secluded village and to top it all off ...

buy a lighthouse.

It was a question he had asked himself, many times, on his trip across the country.

Why hadn't he just stayed in Edmonton?

To Bill, it was a matter of survival.

Born and raised in a small town in Alberta, Bill was forced to move to Edmonton, after his mother and father were killed in a freak accident, while skiing in Lake Louise.

They had somehow managed to roam off the main trail, through some rugged forest and then unfortunately they both plummeted over a 250 foot high cliff.

Their naked bodies were found several days later. There was never any real explanation as to why they were both naked. Bill passed it off to the fact that both of his parents were sex freaks, in the true sense of the phrase.

And apparently they were also terrible with money. They left him nothing, apart from a double mortgage on their house, payments on two trucks, credit cards maxed out to the tune of $40,000 and a $50,000 line of credit.