Parsons vrs Tuckamore Bay

Matty called Bill at around six to inform him that she, Lindsay and Valerie were going to stay in Corner Brook for the night, at the Glynmill Inn. Partly because they were longer cleaning up and closing up her office and partly because the three of them wanted to have a great meal and have a girl's night out.

"I'll miss you, baby, but you and the girls have a good time."

"We will," Matty whispered.

"Hey."

"What?"

"I love you. So very much."

"I love you too Matty."

"No. I really do. And I would never do anything to hurt you."

Bill was a little concerned about the tone of her voice.

"You okay my love."

"I am, baby. Just missing you."

"I miss you too."

Matty took a deep breath.

"Well, I will see you tomorrow."

"Nite sweetie."

Bill ended the call and stared at his cellphone for a moment. He was still a little concerned about the tone of her voice, but he passed it off as just Matty being sentimental about closing her office.

Bill put the cellphone in his pocket and opened the patio doors to the veranda.

"Jarge? Mabel? Going to the Pub for a few beer. Want to join me?"

The two seagulls waddled out of their home, atop the new extension of the lighthouse, squawked and flew off.

They were waiting outside the Pub doors when Bill arrived. Bill opened the door and the three went inside.

It was about 7pm when Bill walked to the pub. There were s few people in the pub, having a meal, as was typical for a Tuesday night. Some of the families would all meet at the Pub for a meal out, since it was literally the only restaurant in the Bay. Weekdays usually saw a more family oriented atmosphere at the Pub, while the weekends were strictly for the adults.

As soon as he walked in, Bill heard several different voices calling out to him.

Yolanda's was the first voice he heard.

"Ise not cleaning up Jarge and Mabel's shit," she barked at Bill from behind the bar, as the two gulls jumped up on Jarge's stool, at the end of the bar.

Bill tossed a twenty dollar bill on the bar.

"Will that get at least a couple cleanings?"

Yolanda smiled, as she stuffed the bill in her jean's pocket.

"Beer for you and some sardines for the children?"