a younger direction

Bill put the documents on the table in front of him and looked across at Cindy and Joyce.

"Basically we are bleeding money right now."

He turned to Matty.

"At this rate we will blow through all our reserves in the next five years."

"Its not that bad, Bill," Cindy assured him.

"I knows right now it looks bad, but you has to keeps in mind dat youse 'as piled out a lots of money, wit da new upgrades and all da construction dat bes goin' on 'ere in da Bay. It will slows down, as we gits to da end."

Bill sat back in his chair and lit a cigarette

"It seems like the end is never in sight."

Cindy smiled.

"Its will end, Bill. Jest have some faith."

Bill picked up the statement again from the table.

"At least the General Store and the Garage are holding their own and the Motel looks like it could be on the way to breaking even. The fab plant is struggling though."

Joyce laughed.

"And da Pub bes always in da black. Tank God wese 'as a bunch of drunks 'ere in da Bay."

Bill forced a smile, appreciative of Joyce's attempt to ease the situation

"That is our biggest staff. We hired on more people because of that Tourism contract."

"Which I still haven't heard back from. I sent all the info they wanted and still, dead air."

"It is government, love. We will be okay, when we get that Tourism contract back," Matty reminded him.

"And the guys are really out there working on new contracts. They have picked up a few contracts in Corner Brook and in Grand Falls and they are looking at the possibility of getting a couple trucks and doing remote maintenance work. It will mean another investment in the plant of about $250 thousand dollars, but it could be a moneymaker quicker, if they hustle and one thing I know about our guys is they will hustle. They are not sitting at the plant. They are out there every day."