coming into the 21st century

Bill sat on the padded lawn chair, staring out across the Atlantic Ocean. He sipped on a scotch and puffed on a 6 inch Cuban cigar, as he watched Jarge flying and diving with the other seagulls.

Matty was busy answering emails, so Bill decided to sneak away and spend a few minutes to himself.

For the past three weeks Bill and Matty and many of the residents of Tuckamore Bay, had been working diligently putting together and executing a plan of attack for the Bay. It had been a massive undertaking and ended up involving far more people than either Bill or Matty had anticipated, since there was so much work that had to be done, before the first snows crippled the Bay's ability to get infrastructure in place.

For some, life had not changed much. They still were working at their outside jobs, until the lat possible day, so that projects would be in place for them, when they went on the Bay's payroll, although most all had already informed their jobs that their tenure with the company was coming to an end.

Fortunately for Bill, both Cindy Rideout and Joyce Dove had experience in the world of accounting, including payroll and such, so both were hired immediately as the accounting team for the village. 

Cindy would look after the accounts payable and accounts receivable, while Joyce would look after payroll and human resources, a job she had when the fish plant had been open. Cindy was a university trained accountant and had been doing the books for Tucker's General Store for a few years, as well as the income taxes for most people of the village.

 Cindy was a university trained accountant and had been doing the books for Tucker's General Store for a few years, as well as the income taxes for most people of the village

Cindy Rideout (Wike's wife)

Both were temporarily set up in an office in the fish plant, while renovations and an expansion was being done at the community center.

A second floor was being added to the community center, which would house the offices of Tuckamore Bay Ltd. The Mayor's office and Village Planner's office would stay on the first floor.

Clayton Rideout accepted the job as manager of the fish plant, once again, but his first job was to strip down the plant, with the help of Jr. Tucker and Wike Rideout, who both quit their jobs at the St. Anthony fish plant. 

Clayton would then manage the new welding/fabrication shop, with his son and Jr. as his assistants and welding supervisors.

Fortunately, the fish plant in St. Anthony inspected the Tuckamore Bay plant and agreed to purchase all the equipment in the plant, whether it worked or not. They would revamp what they could and scrap the rest down for parts for their own machinery. Clayton agreed to a sum of $100 thousand dollars for all the equipment. The money would be immediately reinvested in new equipment for the welding/fabrication shop.