coming out

Valerie Pike walked into the kitchen and straight to the coffee pot.

Lindsay laughed at her daughter. "A bit under da weather?"

Valerie sat at the table.

"Not really. Didn't drink that much last night."

She sipped her coffee.

"Where's Dad?"

"Oh you won't see yer Dad fer a while yet. He got into the shooters with his brother and Bill and a few of the others. He will be sleepin' it off fer a while yet."

"I thought you were opening this morning?"

Lindsay shook her head.

"Landa and Tanya are going in. Mostly to clean up. I don't think you will see too many bodies dere this morning, after last night."

Valerie agreed

Valerie agreed.

"It was quite a party. I left at four and there were still people there."

Lindsay laughed.

"I just left at five. Told Bill to lock up, but I am sure he didn't remember. Poor Landa will probably find a couple of da boys dere asleep at the table. I knows dat Cindy and Eva jest went home and left der husbands dere. A couple of da other women did da same."

Valerie rolled her eyes.

"Gotta love da men of da Bay."

"So, speaking of men and parties," Lindsay continued.

"Who are youse takin' to da Halloween dance."

Valerie shook her head, as she sipped her coffee.

"No one. I think I will work that nite. Let you enjoy da night."