justice served

Premier Best sat back in his chair and loosened his tie.

"This incident has the potential to be very embarrassing to our government, especially since two of my most trusted and highest ranking officials are involved.

Personally, I want to go on record and say that I am disappointed to the extreme. I did not want to believe any of this, when I was first approached by Bill and Matty, but the physical evidence is simply overwhelming.

This is an extreme case of conflict of interest and boarders on treason against this government. Both of you used your positions of authority to try to ensure personal gain. We came into office on the platform of complete transparency and with a promise to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador to continue toward the future and follow the paths set by Premiers, such as Danny Williams.

This scandal could destroy this government and the very fabric of the province itself."

"You and your holier than thou attitude," Calvin Parsons sneered

"This is government and what is the sense of working toward this elevation, if not for personal gain. Not all of us come from wealth like you and Danny Williams. Most of us have known struggle and pain."

"So that makes me what?" Premier Best enquired

"Privileged. You struggled for nothing."

"I don't understand what you are trying to say, Calvin. Because my family was wealthy, it doesn't give me the right to be where I am?"

"It doesn't give you the right to look down your nose at those of us who had to work for everything we have. Those of us who came up through the ranks, the hard way."

"Oh shut the fuck up," Christine Young sighed.

"You rode into politics on the coattail of your father and his father before him. You ran unopposed in the last election.