the Best day ever

Matty was just putting on her jacket when her cellphone rang.

Bill and Frank were at Dove's Pub, having a beer, before Frank drove home and Matty was going to join them, to have a beer with them and say goodbye to Frank.

She thought about ignoring the call but when she saw Nina's name, she accepted it.

"Hey girl."

"Go to your computer and check your email."

"Well, hello to you too," Marry laughed.

"Go. Go. Go," Nina insisted.

 Go," Nina insisted

"Okay, okay."

Matty went to the desk in the living room and opened her laptop.

"You better not be sending me porn."

"This is better than porn," Nina laughed.

Matty laughed.

"Okay. If you say so."

Matty opened her email and saw one from Nina.

"Opening it now."

"Merry Christmas, Matty, my love."

Matty read the email and opened the attachments.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me?"

Matty sat back in the desk chair, still staring in disbelief.

"How in the fuck did you get that?"

"My girlfriend at the Deputy Premier's office. We just started talking and somewhere in the conversation, she informed me of what you are reading there.

I asked her if she had any proof and she said she could find it, but it will cost me.

The poor girl is going through some hard times. Her boyfriend left her, cleaned out their bank account and so on."

"What did it cost you?"

"Five grand," Nina said, timidly. "I transfered her the money and she sent me that file. I will pay half if you ..."

"I will deposit the five grand back in your account," Matty cut her off.

"You sure?"

"Nina, this puts a whole new spin on all of this shit."