head of the family

"Anyone want coffee?" Matty asked, as they walked into the old section of the house.

"Let me help you," Julie offered.

Frank walked to Bill.

"What just happened?"

Bill took out his cellphone.

"Justice, Bay style."

He took a pack of cigarettes from the bar and lit one, checking his calls. There was one voice mail from Nick.

"Bill, Nick here. Henry came through the surgery, pretty good. He is resting in ICU and I will be staying here with him. I have cancelled my flight back home and talked to Nina. Her and Colin will be coming out tomorrow. We will be staying in Corner Brook, for the time being.

Talk to Harry and tell him to wait until the morning. He can't get in to see Henry anyway. Tell them I will call in the morning. I tried to get through, but everyone's cells seem to be off.

I will call you or Matty if there is any change."

Bill ended the call and immediately ran across the road to talk to Harry.

"Where is Bill?" Matty wondered, as she came back in the living room, with coffee.

Frank shrugged, as he took a coffee from Julie.

"He listened to a voicemail and just ran out and across the road."

"You guys stay here," Matty suggested, as she left the house. She walked to the edge of the cobblestone road and saw Bill talking to the Tucker family. 

Moments later, they all hugged and the Tucker's went back inside.

Matty watched, as Bill walked back across the cobblestone road.

"I told them to wait until morning. Nick called and said that Henry is resting in ICU. The operation went well."

Matty kissed Bill quickly, passing him a coffee

"Fuck of a night."

"Not over yet," Bill pointed out, as they watched Freddy's huge truck slowly drive by, heading to the end of the village.

"Fuck," Matty sighed.

"We will still have the cops to deal with as well."