seagull wars

Bill walked out of the kitchen.

"Sure you don't want a coffee?" he laughed, as he headed back to the bedroom.

"Sure youse don't wanna be woke in da middle of da nite wit a 'undred ghosts 'round yer bed?"

Bill stopped and stared at Nanny Dove.

"Really?"

Nanny Dove stared at Bill.

"One jest never knows." 

She laughed an evil laugh.

Bill shivered slightly.

Nanny Dove laughed gently.

"Youse bes too fuckin' easy, Willam. Too fuckin' easy."

"Funny lady," Bill commented, as he went into the bedroom.

After closing the door, he took a clean pair of socks from his duffle bag.

"I need to dig out my suitcase," he muttered to himself, as he sat on the rocking chair to put on his socks.

He stood up and looked out the window.

"Absolutely beautiful," he smiled, as he opened the window. He took a deep breath of the warm salt air.

"This is almost heaven."

He bent down to get a clean t-shirt from the duffel bag.  As he stood up to put on the shirt, he came face to face with a seagull, that was perched on the window sill.

Bill screamed, and fell backward to the floor, landing hard on his ass.

The seagull screeched, as it flapped its wings.

Bill got up quickly to his feet.

"Shoo. Get out of here."

The seagull flapped its wings again and again, screeched at Bill.

Bill looked around for some kind of a weapon. The closest thing he could see was his running shoes. He started to kneel down, but the seagull hopped on the top of the rocking chair and screeched at him again, making a pecking motion.

Bill jumped back again.

"Get out of here."

The seagull made a strange sound.

"Did you just fucking laugh at me?"

The seagull made the strange sound again.

"You are laughing at me, you feathered freak."

Bill lunged at the seagull, flicking his t-shirt at the bird.

The seagull lunged forward and pecked at Bill, hitting him in the head. Bill screamed.

"You fucking ass."