secrets

**rewritten/edited 08/16/2021

okay so in this imagine you're dating dylan cozens, not luke, so it's kinda like a hughes'  family imagine i guess

anywaysssss i how you enjoy!! i hope you like it!💜💜 Dylancozzy

you, y/n hughes, we're the twin sister to jack hughes. your family was currently at the 2019 nhl draft for your brother and he was projected to go first overall.

you all had made it to your seats and jack immediately had to go do media, your parents wanted to go to the bathroom before it started, and your other 2 (two) brothers, quinn and luke, went to go get some food because they're always eating.

you're playing on your phone to pass the time, switching back and forth to your different social media accounts, when a shadow covers you.

you look up at the source of shade and turn off your phone. when you look up, you realize that it's dylan cozens, a top draft prospect this year.

"hey y/n," he stutters out, you had talked to him before, with your brothers being friends throughout the years.

"hey dylan, what's up?" you reply, making conversation with the 18 year old.

"uh, nothing much, but i was wondering if you would maybe—" he abruptly gets cut off by one of your brothers, jack.

"what's going on here, y/n?" jack asks when he comes up behind you, giving a look to dylan.

"hey man, i was just—" dylan gets cut off once again by one of your brothers, this time, it was quinn, who comes up the stairs and sits in his seat next to yours.

"guys just leave it. dylan, good luck, i'll talk to you later, okay?" you promise him and luke makes a sound of protest at the thought of you taking to a boy.

_________

your brother had just gone first overall and you couldn't be more proud of him. when his name was called, you were the first to hug him and tell him how proud you were of him. your family was watching him go though various interviews and press talks.

the draft was being live-streamed on one of the many tv's in the back room. the buffalo sabres turn comes up and they select dylan as their seventh (7th) overall pick. your heart pumps faster at the sight on the tv.

"so, what going on with you and cozens?" your youngest brother, luke, asks you.

"nothing lukey, he was just being friendly."

he drops it and you see dylan walk towards you. he almost makes his way to you, but he gets dragged away for an interview. he gives you a sympathetic look and you give him a small smile in return.

_________

the draft was long over, but the celebration was far from being over. all the boys who were drafted today, had gone out to celebrate, along with all of their families.

you had elected to stay in, you were tired from the days events. your entire family had gone with everyone else to go eat at some restaurant in downtown vancouver. there was a sudden knock at your door and you look over in confusion. your whole family had a key to the room, so who could it be?

you get up from your spot on the bed you had been sharing with quinn and twist the lock on the door and pull it open. standing before you, is none other than dylan cozens.

"hey dyl, can i help you with something?" you ask the boy with a slight blush on your cheeks.

"hi, y/n, so i've liked you for a really long time and i was gonna ask you out earlier before the draft but then we got interrupted by your brothers and i got really nervous, but that's what i'm here to do now," he rambled on, taking a deep breath in after he stops taking.

"so, would you like to go out on a date with me y/n?"

"dylan, i would love to," you tell him and you wrap your arms around his neck and bring him in for a hug.

"great! that's great! finally, now kirby will quit chirping me for not having the courage to ask you out," you can't help but giggle at the words that come out to his mouth.

you pull him into your hotel room for the time being before your family comes back.

_________

you and your family had all made your way downstairs to the hotel lobby for some breakfast. you wanted to get some waffles and some fruit as well. your family was already in a booth and you made your way over and sat down in the booth next to your little brother, luke.

dylan and his family were in the booth near yours and you and dylan were sitting across from each other. the night that you pulled him into your hotel room, was the same night that he officially asked you to be his girlfriend.

your mom, ellen, and your dad, jim, we're making conversation with jack about his plans to move to jersey.

you lift your head up from your plate and make eye contact with dylan. he gives you a wink and your face heats up.

"you okay, y/n?" your dad asks you out of concern. you nod your head and give them a smile that you were sure wasn't as convincing as you thought it was.

_________

that day, dylan had asked you to meet him at the hotel's restaurant. you had agreed and said that you would meet him there for dinner later today.

your family questioned you when you told them that you weren't going to be eating dinner with them tonight. when 6:00 (six o'clock) rolled around, you made sure you were dressed and you grabbed your phone, room key, and wallet, then walked out of your room.

when you walk into the restaurant, you give a smile to the hostess and look for dylan, who had texted you that he already had a table. you easily find him at a booth and make your way over to him.

"hey babe," he says after you give him a hug and sit in the seat across from him.

you give him a bright smile at the name he had given you and the two of you make conversation about the days events.

the two of you order your food and wait for it to arrive. dylan is in the middle of telling you a story about his family when you both get interrupted.

"y/n?" someone says. you whip your head towards the voice and you see all 3 (three) of your brothers standing there.

"guys, before you all freak out—," quinn cuts you off with a scoff.

"why don't we just calm—," dylan tries to interfere, only to get cut off by your brothers asking many questions about the 2 (two) of you.

"freak out? how long has this been going on? is this why you were taking to her at the draft, cozens?" questions are fired at you and dylan and you have to put your hand over jack's mouth to get him to be quiet.

"guys, we've only need dating for 2 (two) days, that's it. and i really like dylan so i don't know why it's that big of a deal in the first place. why can't you guys just be happy for me? you're my brothers, of course i want you guys to be happy, so why can't you be happy for me, instead of scaring him off? he's a good guy! you know him jack, hell, you've know him for years." they all look taken aback by your outburst.

jack sighs and mumbles out an apology.

"as long as you're happy, i guess it's okay," he tells you, giving you a sharp look.

"you guess it's okay?"

"fine y/n, yes, okay, i'm happy for you. as long as you're happy, we're happy." jack lets out. the words warm your heart and you can't help but bring him into a quick hug, along with quinn and luke. after you all pull back from the hug, you grab dylan's hand and interlock it with yours. his thumb rubs over your hand as if to calm you down from the situation.

"so, i know you already know each other, but... quinn, jack, luke, this is my boyfriend, dylan."

wc: 1428
i hope you all like it!! this took me about a half to write!!💜💜