doubts

hey guys!! i'm so sorry that i didn't update on thursday, i completely forgot. i was really busy and stressed, but now, i'm better. school ends next week so i should be back to my usual update schedule now! thanks to all who reached out!!💜💜

"i love you."

the words flowed from your lips easily, a small smile appearing on luke's lips. you were sitting in bed, luke next you, looking at you with nothing but love in his eyes. his eyes flickered down to his lap where his hands were laced together loosely.

"hey, what's wrong?" you whispered, putting two fingers under his chin and lifting it gently to meet his gaze.

"it's nothing." he mumbled, turning his gaze back to his lap.

"baby, it's not nothing, obviously something's bothering you. what's going on?" you ask, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"do you really love me?" he muttered, his voice so soft you could barely hear it.

"i just think that maybe you could do so much better than me." he mumbled once you didn't say anything.

"luke. hey lukey, look at me." you whispered, cupping his face in your hands. his eyes met yours, resembling those of a puppy.

"i love you so much, you know that? i could never ever do better than you, you're the best i've got." you smiled, kissing his nose softly.

he sighed contently, nuzzling closer to you, laying his head on your chest, right over your heart.

"like to hear your heartbeat. it makes me feel better." he mumbled, voice muffled by your shirt.

"you comfy?" you smiled, earning a nod from luke. "sleep, baby. i'll be here when you wake up."

"can you say it again?" he whispered, his eyes closing.

"i love you." you whispered, luke humming in approval.

"i love you too."

wc: 312
have a great day/night!!💜