my love

**rewritten/edited 08/18/2021

hey y'all! this one is short so i apologize but i haven't had power/wifi/heat in the past 48 (forty-eight) hours, so i just whipped this out quickly, but the power recently came back on so hopefully it'll stay on this time🤞🤞

and i live in texas so we just weren't very prepared, clearly, but if you are being affected by this winter weather, please stay safe and stay warm!!💜

you were standing in front of your locker putting books away when you feel 2 (two) strong arms wrap around your waist from behind and pick you up.

you struggle but calm down when you hear your boyfriend of 1 (one) year laughing. luke sets you down on the ground and spins you around to face him. he has both of his hands behind his back and he leans in for a kiss.

you lean in when he does and your lips quickly meet, then pull away, not wanting to show to much pda during school hours.

"why are your hands behind your back? what are you holding?" you question him. luke playfully pretends to think about your question while you try to reach behind him, but he is too fast and finally opens his mouth to speak.

"well, i bought you a rose from the kid that was selling them near the front office. i saw them and immediately though of you. oh, and i can't believe i haven't said this yet, happy valentine's day, babe! i love you," he tells you as he pulls his hands from behind his back and hands you a single white rose. you bring it up to your nose and inhale its fresh scent.

"that is so sweet luke, and happy valentine's day to you too! and i love you even more," you tell him.

"okay so i already booked us a table at that one place that you like downtown at 7:30 (seven - thirty), so be ready by 6:45 (six - forty five) and i'll be there to pick you up then, oh, and dress warm cause it's going to be cold tonight," he rambles on.

"sounds perfect, lukey." you say as you grab his hand and interlock his fingers with yours.

wc: 384
stay safe, healthy, and warm!!💜💜