family friends

**rewritten/edited 07/26/2021, also, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 100K READS!!! that's crazyyyyy!!!💜💜

you and luke had been secretly dating for the past two months. neither of you wanted to tell your family's, because you didn't want them to make a big deal about it. both of your family's would always tease you and luke about when the both of you would finally get together and date.

your family was currently over at the hughes' household, enjoying dinner. before you all sat down, luke had pulled you aside for a kiss, then let you go so that you could go help his mom with dinner. now, luke was in the chair beside you, jack on the other side, and quinn across from you. both sets of your parents were sitting and eating too.

"so y/n, how have you been?" jim asks you.

you swallow the food in your mouth before answering.

"it's good, just trying to finish up packing for college," you say smiling at him.

everyone finishes dinner with more small talk and then you and your mom help ellen put the dishes away.

once you all finish cleaning and putting the dishes away, you walk out into the living room.

"why don't the two of you go up to lukes room?" jack says with raised eyebrows.

you both ignore the teasing and head up to luke's room. you both lay on his bed and talk about his recent game.

the two of you are about to head downstairs when luke leans in for a kiss. you press your lips to his and move your lips. the door is suddenly swung open and there stands quinn.

"do you guys want to play—,"

you and luke instantly pull apart from each other with wide eyes.

"oh my god," quinn says, running back downstairs.

you and luke look and each other before deciding that it's best to go downstairs. once downstairs, all eyes are on you and luke.

"so you two kissed?" your mom asks with a teasing smirk.

"well i'm allowed to kiss my girlfriend right?" luke asks, smiling at you.

"yeah we've been dating for 2 months" you say to everyone in the room.

"oh, well we're all very happy for you guys. we knew it would happen sooner or later," ellen tells you.

you smile in appreciation at her. the quinn speaks up:

"can we play some hockey now?" he asks, impatiently.

"yes quinn, we can go play now." you say racing him to the door, ready to beat him at his own sport.

wc: 439
hope you enjoyed! have a nice day!💜💜