lake house

**rewritten/edited 07/13/2021

"are you ready yet jack?" quinn yells up the stairs.

"seriously jack hurry up!" ellen says.

you giggle when jack finally comes downstairs, with chelsea hot on his heels.

"sorry mom, i'm ready now," jack says.

"what were the two of you doing up there?" luke asks, adding a wink to the end of his sentence.

jack and chelsea both flush red,
"nothing," chelsea says.

everyone rolls their eyes at the couple, knowing exactly what they were doing in jack's room.

you all walk out the front door and load into two separate cars. jim, ellen, jack, and chelsea in one car. and you, luke, quinn and kennedi in the other.

after a 12 hour car ride filled with awful singing due to quinn, you had finally arrived at the hughes' lake house. everyone would be staying for the majority of the summer, before the boys had to be back for training their camps.

everyone unloads their bags and belongings from the car and makes their way up to the house. you and luke would be sharing his room, which that had a balcony with a view of the lake.

you all had agreed that you would get into your swim suits and head down to the dock. you and luke were the last ones down.

you were standing at the edge of the dock looking at the view but had failed to notice jack sneak up behind you and push you in.

"jack," you groan when you come up for air. luke leans down and outstretches his hand for you to take. you grip his hand in yours and pull him in with you. you can hear everyone laughing at the two of you.

you and luke quickly find each other in the water. you grasp his hand and pull him closer to you. he wraps his arms around your waist, the two of you treading water. you both lean your foreheads together, looking into each other's eyes.

"i'm so happy i get to spead this summer here with you," luke says.

"me too, baby" you say pecking his lips earning hoots and hollers from everyone on the dock, making the two of you roll your eyes while blushing.

(so i am aware that quinn and jack aren't dating those girls anymore, but i just needed to use them as references)

wc: 403
have a outstanding day!!