best friends

**edited (06/24/2021)

luke and i had been best friends for forever. i couldn't remember a time where we were apart for more than a week. we were the best of friends, but over time, my feelings for him grew and grew.

i was on my way to his house because we were going to watch a movie, like we did every friday night. i pulled into the hughes' driveway and took my key out of the ignition. i walked up to the door and rang the doorbell, from the other side, i could here a faint "coming."

jack, one of lukes's older brothers, opens the door and smirks at me. "you here to see lukey, y/n?"

"well, it's not like i'm here to see you, jack."

"i don't see why you both just won't get together already, you're clearly head over heals for each other," a blush rises to my cheeks.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i mumble and turn my head away from his teasing eyes.

"sure you don't, y/n," quinn butts in, peaking his head into the room from behind the wall.

"i'll be upstairs if you need me," i roll my eyes at the 2 (two) brothers.

i brush past them and make my way up to luke's room. when i enter, i see that he is watching a movie already, his favorite movie, miracle.

"you have good taste," i say as i shut the door and flop stomach first onto his bed. he looks down at me with a small smile gracing his features and a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"hey y/n," he says. i nod my head in response and move to lay by his side where he had lifted his arm for me to lay.

it's silent for the next few minutes until luke blurts out, "y/n, i like you."

i whip my head in his direction and sit up, looking at him in shock. "are you serious? because if you're not serious i'm going to be—"

luke cuts me off with a passionate kiss to my lips. he realizes that i'm not kissing back and begins to pull away. i grip the back of his neck, push his lips to mine, and tangle my fingers in his curls.

"you have no idea how long i have waited for this to happen."

"me too, luke," i breathe out, giving him a small smile that he returns.

"will you be mine? will you be my girlfriend?"

"of course luke."

i pull him into another kiss as he places his hands on my hips. suddenly jack bursts into the room and looks at us in pure shock.

"oh my gosh, i am so telling mom!" he runs back downstairs leaving the door wide open.

luke sighs in annoyance and looks over at me.

"i'm sorry about him," he says.

"he's fine, luke," i say in amusement.

luke and i just gaze at each other before he presses a kiss to my forehead and we cuddle into one another, falling fast asleep.

an hour later i wake up, hearing people whispering and taking photos. i open my eyes and rub them, seeing the rest of the hughes' family looking at us.

"you two are just the cutest!" ellen says.

a blush dusts my cheeks as i look down. luke begins to stir beside me and he flutters his eyes open.

"oh my gosh mom," luke rasps, his voice still thick with sleep.

"are you two finally dating yet?" jim asks with raised eyebrows.

"yes." luke and i say in sync.

"finally," quinn says, "you two were getting pretty annoying pretending that you didn't like each other."

ellen hits her oldest son on the shoulder and shushes him.

"well, we'll leave you two be, but no funny business okay?" ellen says with a raised brow.

"yes mom," luke says in annoyance.

they all walk out of lukes bedroom door and shut it on the way out. luke looks at you and presses a quick kiss to your lips.

"i really like you," i say.

"i really like you too, in fact, i bet i like you even more." luke says in determination.

your laughter fills the air as you both fall into another deep sleep in each others arms.

wc: 728
i hope you all like it!💜